Worked on a bunch of things today. Finally finished the bulk head around the plumbing in the dining area. I guess my day of metal stud work and thumb slicing was a waste because I ended up finishing the thing in wood. The only part that stayed metal was the piece of track I had installed.
I would say that 40% of the ceiling is furred out now. I struggled to get some of the can lights down and reinstalled at the new ceiling height, but the living room area is almost done. Hopefully work my way back to the kitchen during the week so that the electricians can finish up this coming weekend.
Here are some pictures…
Underside of the bulkhead: